Saturday, March 28, 2015

No Poo and more

Starting in 2005 I was told I had severe chemical sensitivities and list of avoids. I went to one of my favorite authors Janice Cox whose series shows and gives recipes for various body care items. I have used shampoo bars, lye soap, pine tar soap and many others.  I went to just rinses in 2006 or 2007, consisting of Baking soda with distilled water for the first rinse- which currently results in numerous 'suds' usually. Then a rinse with apple cider vinegar and distilled water- which leaves my hair feeling silky and soft. In the past 6 months, I have used a private label shampoo, but felt it was a bit much for everyday use. The conditioner had gluten in it- so I do not use it. The hair gel had the same issue- I do not use it. The hair serum I have used, because of the essential oils in it. Currently, I am going back to simpler things. I made these below in mid March.
I am going to add a pinch of Epsom salts to my rinses to disperse the essential oils through the water.
2 Tablespoons baking soda BS
2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar ACV
30 oz distilled water (8 oz in each jar with 14 oz in the cup to be split after mixing BS and ACV into its respective jar)
Here is the mixed version plus a dry shampoo/ body powder using rice flour, arrowroot starch, chamomile herb tea, and chamomile essential oil.
I use various essential oils depending on what I am looking for in my BS and ACV rinses. Also shown hair serum, plus fractionated coconut oil, a mixing bottle, with dry shampoo. Right now I will stick with the plain rinses while my hair and scalp are in transition. I will not be doing this everyday but at least once a week Sunday BS and ACV and may only use ACV rinse only midweek plus dry powder as needed with brushing out. It really depends on how it feels to me. I may add EOs to combat candida, what some call dandruff.
I am considering going back to a Basic Bob hairstyle or keeping my long on top pixie, I go through this every 5 years chopping off my hair wishing I hadn't. But like I usually tell the stylist it is hair and it grows back.
I am on my quest for happy hair and scalp.

No comments:

Post a Comment