Monday, April 20, 2015

Confessions of a Messy Homemaker

Yes, that is me.  You read that right.  

I am a messy homemaker.  

I greet you at the door and close it behind me quick. The kids still have dinner on their t-shirts. Their room is not better homes and garden quality, maybe Junkyard quality.

I have struggled with this for years. I have always done my best to be dressed as I should be for events. 

I have come to the conclusion that self-mastery is s must success.

For me that is mastering my schedule and my home. Here is the inspiration I am taking this from.



  • Doctrine and Covenants 109:8

    8 Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a house of prayer, ahouse of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a houseof God;

    Doctrine and Covenants 88:119

    119 Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a houseof God;

    Doctrine and Covenants 132:8

    8 Behold, mine house is a house of order, saith the Lord God, and not a house of confusion.


    From some other reading I was looking at. First I am going through clothing for myself and my kids. Then Books, Papers, Miscellaneous things, and finally, Sentimental items.  Earlier in the month I had went through my closet and pulled things out. I am going through again and doing the same thing in my closet. I am finding what I love and getting rid of what I do not. I am finding what fits well and then getting rid of what does not. I am looking at doing clusters of clothing as inspired by Judith Rasband. I have training as a former Beauty for All Seasons consultant. My big take away there was learning to flatter my body as it was with line and design.  I plan on taking Judith training as soon as I can, it is not in my business budget currently. But I know it would benefit not only my business, but those whom I serve in the military and in my entrepreneurial ventures to learn more. The Lord will grant me the time and means to do so. 

  • Now for the rest of the house, We have pulled out all of the excess dishes and have a set color for each person. Now we know who is leaving dishes out. I am getting ready to get the Spoon, fork, and knife all-in-one combo to match. I have also pulled all duplicates of other utensils. It seems silly. but we will pack most of this away and pull out only what is needed and after a while we may give it away to our children or save it for big get togethers. We will see....
  • Join me in the challenge of simplifying your life.
  • Update: I am feeling a bit better than I was the last few days had a bit of a cough and sore throat. Thank you oil pulling with Protective blend, oregano and peppermint essential oil. It did not hit hard so I am much happier. I am up and cleaning anyway. I can see my laundry room and where I am starting seeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment