The basics are to answer the following questions:
1. What what have I accomplished in the end or what has my team been able to accomplish together?
2. What steps need to be completed in order to reach this goal?
3. When does each step need to done?
4. Who is involved and what tasks or assignments do they have?
After we ask the following questions to evaluate and see how we can improve next time.
1. What was our goal or project?
2. Was it a success? or What did we do right?
3. What could we have done better?
4. Lessons and changes for the next time we participate in this activity.
Believe it or not my husband and I both having been in the Military actually do planning matrices. This simple activity has saved some heartache when it is carried out and followed. When choosing to just fly by the seat of our pants we do pay the price. Not fun and not recommended.
I hope by sharing that you will benefit and use it in your business and personal life.