Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Seasons are Changing

I woke early this Sunday morning contemplating things in my life. As I was doing this I perused my email. Then looked up to refresh how to put on a wrap skirt. The I perused facebook a post came up from  I Support President Thomas S. Monson. Stating the easiest way to share our testimony was to like the BOOK of Mormon-Another Testament of Jesus Christ. I have been doing that, but sometimes I think it is too easy that way too. I ended feeling like should go into the website for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. As I did this I noticed the up coming General conference the first weekend in April and then Women conference Saturday September 28th I will watch both from home with my daughter (if she does not have plans with the singles ward Relief Society). Then I looked to the sidebar and saw the First Presidency message Saints for All Seasons I read it through and found it talked about adversity in life and how it helps us recognize the good also. I know we must face trials, but we do not have to sink so far into them that we cannot see the beauty around us. There are days I have my hard times and then there are days that are really good. I know they are to teach me and help me grow. I am thankful for Heavenly Father has blessed me with my husband, my children, and all those who have had influence in my life. He has blessed me with much and I know my trials could be much greater than they are. I know he has a plan for me and Ia m still discovering it. As it unfolds, it is  almost like a gift at Christmas there is some excitement and expectation....it may be big, it may be small, it does not matter because it came from Him. It is the perfect gift I need at that time to complete the task before me. In the future he will bestow more and I wait in anticipation.
I know this will be more with the times that lay ahead. They are not going to be easy, but if I see the good around me and be a part of that good. My family and I weather the storm together in greater unity and harmony. We will be stronger for it. I know I need to enlarge my circle and get to know more about those around me so I can see where I can serve them better. I am very grateful to my neighbors who help when they can and provide guidance as I relearn and refresh memories of the past.
Sunday morning time almost time for Church....only 14 Sundays and we are back to a 1 pm start, I can sleep in until 8-8:30 am ( we still have animals to care for).

No comments:

Post a Comment